Friday, 28 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.7 - Gauges finished

Sorted out the mounting screws and added an original piece of dash trim to finish the Gauge install. Smart!

Thursday, 27 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.6 - Wings and things

We have a full set of Day Mouldings wings to go on. Kindly painted by Lee at Manflowers. We'll fit them later so we have more room in the garage! More wiring routed which can be seen hanging out each end and while its outside a few shots showing the Wishbone Front and Uniball/Coilover Rear setup...and the sexy wheels,too!

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.5 - Gauges

First job was to run the new wiring loom through from front to back. Its laid out in general position and will be tidied up as we add parts back on.
We have a pair of excellent Dakota Digital Gauges to give the dash a bit of a lift. Brace yourselves originality fans!
We have had a laser cut dash insert cut which we are trial fitting here. It will be held on with some nice dome nuts and use stock dash trim to integrate it into the original dash.

Check out

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.4 - Inside Job

Dynamat Sound proofing has been fitted from pedals through to rear window and a couple of spare bits to the roof! Then the laser cut and folded steel seat mounts were test fit to make sure the height is OK. Seats are 911 and real comfortable.

Monday, 24 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.3 - Mostly underneath

All chassis bottom and inner wings have been stone chipped, 6 litres! Brake pipes are full stainless overbraided though out and new master cylinder installed. Axle boots renewed and gearbox oil changed.

Sunday, 23 February 2014

Sam's 67 1500 pt.2 - A New Hope!

Before it gets buried completely...this is our restart point.

We've cleared the garage, fitted and welded the rear panel and done a couple of other chassis repairs. Then we sealed it all with POR15.

Sam's 67 1500 pt.1 - Its back on the road!

Over the last 6 years we have done very little work in very short stints! Sam has decided to get us motivated and do something everyday.
When we bought the car is was torn apart with several holes through the panel under the back seat/battery and all the headlining stripped off. It did come with the original towel rail bumpers rechromed and a new panel for under the back seat. Thanks!
Below is how it came to us

 We did the battery tray and cut out the panel under the rear window. Sam doing a bit of welding here!

There should be a panel to stop you seeing this view!

Thats about as far as we got....